.AFF Rating Course
Passion... Dedication... Desire
The AFF Instructor Rating Course is the most challenging Instructor Course USPA offers. Attendance in this course is acceptionaly, beneficial and success will be the most rewarding.
At Ultimate Bodyflite we provide a positive non threatening environment to maximize your learning. We expect the instructors we train to provide this type of environment to there students, because of that we can only lead by example. In the course we provide coaching in communication, training techniques and body flight.
The Course and you're flying skills:
This course will increase your awareness in freefall as well as your aggression while still maintaining control. You will learn several freefall training techniques and strategies to best prepare your for the real world of AFF.
Pre qualifying your flying skills
1. Affectively swoop a formation and stop with precision.
2. Have the ability to (on your belly) move in all directions (forward, backwards, sideways and
diagonally) without significant thought.
3. In an RW formation, be proficient in maintaining levels and proximity flying.
4. Demonstrate range in adjusting fall rate.
5. The ability to reach while maintaining levels and proximity
Coaching / Tunnel Coaching is available for all the required fundamentals.
THE COURSE AND YOUR TEACHING:
This course will also increase your ability to provide clear and concise explanations along with perfect demonstrations of skills to be practiced. You'll also gain more in depth information on adult learning so you are equipped to adjust your training for better student learning.
Pre-qualifying your teaching skills
1.approach this course with a general knowledge of effective teaching (coach course material). You may consider reviewing the coach section of the IRM as a refresher.
2.Possess a good knowledge of skydiving skills.
These skills can and will be further developed in the pre-course and course to ensure success.
The course will take about 5-7 days combining the pre-course and course, all dependent on your needs as well as weather.
There will be 11/2 days of classroom
1-2 days of ground prep
the rest jumps
* The schedule maintains flexibility to work around your progression and the weather while utilizing time management. *
- 18 years old
- 'C' License or FAI equivalent
- 6 hours of freefall time
- Coach or higher instructional Rating
- Completion of the general and AFF Instructor test (found in the back of IRM)
- Completed the pre-requisites on the AFF Proficiency card
- Less than 500 jumps must have coach rating for a minimum of 1 year
Let the Learning Begin...
Discover the Possiblities
.AFF Rating Course